Introduction to Google My Business
It is a free service offered by Google to businesses. The platform allows businesses to register their company location, contact details and much more.
Have you ever wondered how businesses rank towards the top right of Google with their address and the star ratings next to their business? it is generated by Google.
If your business is more than 8 years old you may already have a Google My Business Listing which is probably currently unclaimed.
How will my company benefit from this service?
Appear in Search Results:
- Google My Business will help your company reach more leads by matching search criteria with companies that offer relevant products/services. Once a lead finds your company they have access to view your companies trading hours, Contact information, uploaded images, ratings and reviews by previous costumers.
Show up on GPS:
- Once registered your company location will be on Maps. If a costumer uses their phone to search/find your store and their mobile device is GPS enabled, they will be lead to your doorstep. (please take into consideration that 80% of business searches happens on mobile devices)
You have full control:
- We will touch down on this subject again at a later stage. However, the long and short of it is that the information Google may have used to list your company could possibly be outdated and may not always represent the true nature of your company.
Standout and built credibility:
- As there are many who have not claimed their business listing on Google My Business and therefore listings that stand out and have activity usually attract more customers.
Registering is free & simple:
- If you have all your companies basic information, the registering process can be complete in 10 minutes. Once you have completed you may opt to receive a verification code via telephone or post.
Free Basic Website
- Once Google verifies your bushiness and allows you access Google will give your a free business website. Yes, Google is really your friend!. This website will display your services, business hours , gallery and is also customize-able. Read More here:
It Can “Stand Alone“
Though we do not recommended it. Google My business is the one Directory Listing that can stand alone (without a website). For These 6 reasons:
- They give you a free basic website.
- Can/Will easily direct people to your Business doorstep using Google Maps.
- Immediate Online Authority
- In addition, your business quality can be rated from Google Rating
- Your Business contact information is available right away.
- In other words, these above factors serve the same purpose as a website.