What is a Facebook Pixel?
The Facebook pixel is an analytics tool that helps you measure the effectiveness of your advertising.
- Facebook Business Page
- You must be an admin of your business Page
- You’ll need a website for your business.
- You must be able to update your website’s code.
- Facebook Ads Account
- In addition, depending on where you conduct business, you may have to comply with General Data Protection Regulation.
To create a Facebook pixel
- Go to your Pixels tab in Events Manager.
- Click + Add New Data Source. (Note: If you’re using the new version of Events Manager, click Connect Data Sources and select Web.)
- Select Facebook Pixel.
- Read how the pixel works, then click Continue.
- Add your Pixel Name.
- Enter your website URL to check for easy setup options.
- Click Continue.
Manually add pixel code to website
- Go to Events Manager.
- Select the pixel you want to set up.
- Click Set up Pixel. Note: If you’re using the new version of Events Manager, click Add Event.
- Select Manually add pixel code to website.
- Copy the pixel base code.
- Find the header of your website, or locate the header template in your CMS or web platform.
- Paste the base code at the bottom of the header section, just above the closing head tag.
- You will only create 1 Pixel for every ad account, which means that the one Pixel you create can be used on multiple websites.