What is a Business Directory?
An Online Business Directory is a website that has contact and some business information of various businesses listed and categorized according to location and industry.
Listing your business on a Business directory is the digital equivalent of putting a small ad in a newspaper. The more newspapers the better your chances are of you getting a sale!
Here are a few benefits of having your business registered on multiple business directories
- Increased Exposure – The more relative business listings you have the easier it is for potential clients to find your business
- Improve Online Authority – When potential leads see your business listing on many websites it decreases the chance that you are a “fly-by-night“.
- Free/Inexpensive – Most Business Directories Listings have free options which will get you basic page with Your information and contacts details.
Some well known Business Listings are:
What do Business Directories have to do with SEO ?
When your company is registered on a business directory it usually comes creates a link on that website to your website.
Back-links make a huge impact on a website’s prominence in search engine results. This is why they are considered very useful for improving a website’s SEO ranking.
Don’t Be Fooled
There is such a thing as “Bad Back-Links”. Google and Bing index “low quality” or suspicious websites and all the links within.
Avoid Bad Back-links by:
- Handling Back-linking yourself or Contract a trusted service provider
- Keeping your “Links to Your Site” in “Google Analytics”clean
- Google Your Business Contact Number and check results
- Protect Your Best Backlinks
- Avoid Content Duplication on your website
Other Forms of Quality Back-Links include:
- Editorial links
- Blog comment links
- Guest posts
- User profile pages
- Infographics and images
Have you ever wondered how businesses rank towards the top of Google with their address and the star ratings next to their business? This comes from your Google My Business page.
The Largest Business Directory and Best Backlink
What is Google My Business?
Google my business is a free service offered by Google to businesses. The platform allows businesses to register their company location, contact details and much more.
If your business is more than 8 years old you may already have a Google My Business Listing which is probably currently unclaimed.
How will my company benefit from this service?
1. Appear in Search Results:
Google My Business will help your company reach more leads by matching search criteria with companies that offer relevant products/services. Once a lead finds your company they have access to view your companies trading hours, Contact information, uploaded images, ratings and reviews by previous costumers.
2. Show up on GPS:
Once registered your company location will be on Google Maps. If a costumer uses their phone to search/find your store and their mobile device is GPS enabled, they will be lead to your doorstep. (please take into consideration that 80% of business searches happens on mobile devices)
3. You have full control:
We will touch down on this subject again at a later stage. However, the long and short of it is that thew information Google may have used to list your company could possibly be outdated and may not always represent the true nature of your company.
4. Standout and built credibility:
As there are many who have not claimed their business listing on Google My Business and therefore listings that stand out and have activity usually attract more customers.
5. Registering is free & simple:
If you have all your companies basic information the registering process can be complete in 10 minutes. Once you have completed you may opt to receive a verification code via telephone or post.
6. Free Basic Website
Once Google verifies your bushiness and allows you access Google will give your a free business website. Yes, Google is really your friend!. This website will display your services, business hours , gallery and is also customize-able. Read More here:
7. Google My Business Can Stand Alone
Though we do not recommended it. Google My business is the one Directory Listing that can stand alone (without a website). For These 6 reasons:
- They give you a free basic website.
- Can/Will easily direct people to your Business doorstep using Google Maps.
- Immediate Online Authority
- In addition, your business quality can be rated from Google Rating
- Your Business contact information is available right away.
- In other words, these above factors serve the same purpose as a basic website
In conclusion, your company needs a Google My Business Page!.
Business Directory Submission Prices